The Friends of the Peak District annual Magnificent Walk will start and finish at the fantastic traditional country pub and restaurant – the Fleece Inn - in the picturesque village of Holme, near Holmfirth.
- 20 beautiful miles from Holme - via the Pennine Way, onto the recently restored Black Hill, above the large mill town of Marsden
- Then follow the Friends’ Peak District Boundary Walk back to Holme around the northern-most tip of the National Park via the spectacular Royd Edge and Digley Reservoir
- 15 mile route also available
- Sign-in at the Fleece Inn from 8am
- 314 bus from Huddersfield at 06:50 and 07:50 (arriving at 07:26 and 08:27)
- Parking will be available (details to be confirmed)
- Public toilets are available in the village
- Drinking water will be made available
- Walkers can set off no earlier than 8.30am
- We'll provide route directions and maps. And we'll waymark the route where necessary
- Runners welcome
- Dogs are not allowed on some sections of the 20 mile walk. Sorry.
- Registration costs £12 for adults (£15 on the day). Children under 16 FREE. All proceeds in aid of the Friends of the Peak District.
- The Fleece Pantry shop will be open from 8am serving a selection of takeaway hot and cold drinks,’holme’ made bread, pies, pasties, cakes and the famous breakfast butties. At the end of your walk, why not enjoy a superb meal at the Fleece Inn, prepared by enthusiastic chefs using fresh local produce, and complimented by a selection of cask conditioned beers and wines from around the world. (Booking is advisable, call 01484 683449).
- Click here to download a gpx file of the route
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0114 279 2655
Book your tickets today...
(b) By post
You can download a registration form HERE and send it to us by post. Please make cheques payable to 'CPRE Peak and South Yorks'.
(c) By phone
You can call us on 0114 279 2655 and pay by card.
- Fleece Inn, Holme, near Hollmfirth, HD9 2QG