Our aim is to promote the beauty, tranquility and diversity of South Yorkshire's countryside for everyone to enjoy now and in the future.
We want to see
- green spaces unspoilt by development
- environmentally friendly farming and forestry
- thriving villages and attractive towns, connected by excellent public transport
Our roles include
- Planning watchdog scrutinising and challenging planning applications, development and transport plans
- Principled campaigners through careful research and raising public awareness
- Supporter of community groups providing knowledge, skills and assistance
- Advocate for high standards in landscape and building design
- Champion of sustainable countryside management
We are a branch of Campaign to Protect Rural England (CPRE) and part of CPRE's Yorkshire and Humber regional group.
We are managed by CPRE Peak District and South Yorkshire, which also manages our sister charity Friends of the Peak District.